Saha Group jointly cooperated with the Ministry of Tourism to stimulate the local tourism market, promoting Thais to travel locally.
29 March 2016
Saha Group cooperated with the Ministry of Tourism in preparation to stimulate the local tourism market and businesses directly and indirectly through 4 big projects, namely '12 cities you can't miss', 12 cities you can't miss - PLUS', 'They told me...' and 'Outdoor Fest' which corresponds to the Concept of 'Enjoy Weekdays' Travel'. This is to promote the value of travelling during weekdays in order to stimulate distribution of tourists over various alternative areas, creating an inter-provincial exchange of tourists and strengthening provincial connectivity.
On 29 March 2016, there was an official signing ceremony for MOU on Thai-Tiew-Thai Tourism Promotion between the Ministry of Tourism of Thailand through Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, Governor of the Tourism of Thailand, and Saha Group through Mr. Boonkiet Chokwatana, Chairman of the Executive Board of I.C.C. International PCL., one of Saha Group's companies on the 1st floor at the Ministry of Tourism Headquarter. This was witnessed among the management team of Saha Group, namely Mr. Vathit Chokwatana (Vice President and Executive Director at Sahapathanapibul PCL.), Mrs. Teerada AmBhanwong (Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at O.C.C. PCL.), Mr. Petch Paniangvait (Chief of Business Developement at Thai President Foods PCL.), Mrs. Jidapa Kittinanthapanya (Managing Director of H&B Intertex Co.,Ltd.) and the Ministry of Tourism of Thailand.
Mr. Boonkiet Chokwatana, Executive Chairman of I.C.C. International PCL. under Saha Group, shared his thoughts on the willingness to support and collaborate with the Tourism of Thailand through the public relations within Saha Group and addition of events and promotions to stimulate the local tourism market as follows:
- Promotion through directing tourism on a concourse of business locations within the Saha Group of companies such as Factory Outlets within 4 sites of Saha Group Green Facilities Park e.g. 1) Saha Group Industrial Park - Sri Racha, Chonburi Province 2) Saha Group Industrial Park - Kabinburi, Prachinburi Province 3) Saha Group Industrial Park - Mae Sot, Tak Province 4) Saha Group Instrial Park - Lamphun, Lamphun Province and His & Her Outlet situated in I.C.C. International PCL Headquarter (Soi Sathupradit 58, Bangkok, Thailand), J-Park community mall (Sri Racha, Chonburi Province), Treasure Hill Golf & Country Club (Ban Bung, Chonburi Province), Kabinburi Sports Club KBSC (Kabinburi, Prachinburi Province) and Kensington English Garden Resort Khaoyai (Khaoyai, Nakornrachasima Province).
- Support the local tourism through organising and formulating tourism route within the country.
- Support tourism for feminine segments by targeting health and beauty activities throughout the month of August through special promotion on products for woman. This will be in-line with the Tourism of Thailand to set the month of August as a 'Lady Month'.
- Support tourism for corporate groups from overseas investors with Tourism of Thailand formulating the tour package where they see attractive and most customised for various overseas investor groups, using Saha Group's business network
- Public relations of local tourism through channels of Tourism of Thailand and Saha Group (e.g. S Channel, product packaging advertisement, mascot, and etc.)
Mr. Boonkiet Chokwatana also mentioned the list of companies and products within Saha Group that will be involved are as follows:
- MAMA instant noodle products under Saha Pathanapibul PCL. introduced '12 cities you can't miss - PLUS' which will be promoted through the printing around the cup noodles. This will have direct target through consumers to increase the exposure and awareness for locals and tourists with the rewards from lucky draws, collection of stamps for prize redemption or discount coupons used at corporating tourist attractions. Moreover, the print package promotional ads for products are also exported to China and CLMV (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam) which are the Company's biggest export markets. Also, the products are provided on local tours with the campaign 'Win the trip to Thailand' for a chance to win a lucky draw prize.
- I.C.C. International PCL. under Saha Group used S Channel, media station, to promote the local tour packages in-line with the '12 cities you can't miss - PLUS'.
- Aviation School at Sri Racha under the name Sri Racha Aviation Co.,Ltd. will set promotional campaign and public relations activities within Saha industrial park.
- Toy production mascot produced by H&B Intertex Co.,Ltd. under the name 'Bobby' to promote the tourism campaign of 'Nong Sook Jai' in order to portray the relationship and collaboration between the Tourism of Thailand and Saha Group.
- I.C.C. International PCL. collaborated with the Special Promotion items for ladies throughout the month of August, to be in-line with the Tourism of Thailand's 'Lady Month' Campaign in August.
- Tiger Group Vacation Co.,Ltd. which is a tour provider under Saha Group will also focus on local tourism activities under the '12 cities you can't miss - PLUS'.
Saha Group will allocate the budget for the 4 big projects, namely '12 cities you can't miss', 12 cities you can't miss...PLUS', 'They told me...' and 'Outdoor Fest' which corresponds to the concept of 'Enjoy Weekday's Travel' with a timeframe of 2 years.
'Saha Group is confident that the 4 big projects will stimulate and increase the awareness for locals and tourists to be able to explore new areas of cities. This will help increase the spending in the economy and increase the country consumption and economy directly and indirectly. This campaign would also trigger tourists from the ASEAN regions as well', stated Mr. Boonkiet Chokwatana.